Critical Thinking Skills That Disarm Evolutionists
Science is the method through which theories are tested and re-tested. However, today evolution is guarded against such scrutiny and taught uncritically in our public schools. This pervasive defense of naturalism has led students to view Darwinism as the only accepted explanation for the diversity of life on Earth. This presentation will encourage critical thinking of scientific interpretations, and examine the bedrock evidence for the theory of evolution.
- The critical thinking method
- Three critical thinking questions
- A power question
- Words have meaning: fuzzy words and magic words
- Red-flag words
- Why the fossil record refutes evolutionism
- If evolution is true what should we observe?
About the Speaker:
Mike Riddle is an international speaker and educator on Christian education and apologetics with Creation Training Initiative. He is also an adjunct speaker for Answers in Genesis. Mike holds a degree in mathematics and a graduate degree in education and has been involved in creation ministry for more than thirty years. Prior to getting involved in creation ministry, Mike was a captain in the U.S. Marines and a national champion in track and field. Mike’s experience in the education field includes:
- Teaching junior high and senior high school mathematics
- An instructor at the Northwest Graduate School of the Ministry and the Institute for Creation Research Graduate School.
- Managing U.S. Sprint’s world-wide technical training
- Managing Microsoft’s world-wide engineer training
- Development and delivery of courses on presentation skills and teaching methods
- Mike currently lectures and teaches world-wide on creation apologetics, Christian education, science and the Bible, and developing a biblical worldview.
Apologetics Symposium takes place the 1st Wednesday each month at Cedar Park Church in Bothell WA. The programs feature presentations from educators and scientists who are dedicated to defending the Bible. They are free to attend, and also available for viewing through live webcast or the recordings archived on our website.
See upcoming schedule of topics and speakers.