Evolution Fraud and Myths
In an attempt to further their careers and justify the claims that evolution is a legitimate theory, many scientists have fraudulently deceived the world by planting or reconstructing fossils which they would claim to be authentic finds. The most widely published evolution fraud was committed in China in 1999, and published in in the National Geographic
Human Ancestral Frauds
Piltdown man: Found in a gravel pit in Sussex England in 1912, this fossil was considered by some sources to be the second most important fossil proving the evolution of manuntil it was found to be a complete forgery 41 years later. The skull was found to be of modern age. The fragments had been chemically stained to give the appearance of age, and the teeth had been filed down!
Nebraska man: A single tooth, discovered in Nebraska in 1922 grew an entire evolutionary link between man and monkey, until another identical tooth was found which was protruding from the jawbone of a wild pig.
Java man: Initially discovered by Dutchman Eugene Dubois in 1891, all that was found of this claimed originator of humans was a skullcap, three teeth and a femur. The femur was found 50 feet away from the original skullcap a full year later. For almost 30 years Dubois downplayed the Wadjak skulls (two undoubtedly human skulls found very close to his "missing link"). (source: Hank Hanegraaff, The Face That Demonstrates The Farce Of Evolution, [Word Publishing, Nashville, 1998], pp.50-52)
Orce man: Found in the southern Spanish town of Orce in 1982, and hailed as the oldest fossilized human remains ever found in Europe. One year later officials admitted the skull fragment was not human but probably came from a 4 month old donkey. Scientists had said the skull belonged to a 17 year old man who lived 900,000 to 1.6 million years ago, and even had very detail drawings done to represent what he would have looked like. (source: "Skull fragment may not be human", Knoxville News-Sentinel, 1983)
Neanderthal: Still synonymous with brutishness, the first Neanderthal remains were found in France in 1908. Considered to be ignorant, ape-like, stooped and knuckle-dragging, much of the evidence now suggests that Neanderthal was just as human as us, and his stooped appearance was because of arthritis and rickets. Neanderthals are now recognized as skilled hunters, believers in an after-life, and even skilled surgeons, as seen in one skeleton whose withered right arm had been amputated above the elbow. (source: "Upgrading Neanderthal Man", Time Magazine, May 17, 1971, Vol. 97, No. 20)
Human Ancestor Fraud - Creationist Links
- A Human Ancestor Fraud
- Deceptive Fossil Interpretations of Evolutionists from the Muslim online book Evolution Deceit
- Features of Piltdown Skull "Deliberate Fakes"
- Human Evolution - Frauds and Mistakes
- Lucy's Fraudulent Fame
- Orce man hominid fraud
- Piltdown man fraud
- The Ape-men fallacy by Malcolm Bowden (Review of book - Ape-men: Fact or Fallacy?)
- The Face that Demonstrates the Farce of Evolution The following is a transcript of The Apemen Frauds portion of the audio tape.
- The Piltdown Man Fraud by Monty White
- The Story of the Piltdown Man by the Creation-Evolution Encyclopedia
- The Yale DNA Hybridization Scandal - A UC Berkely professor reports on the intentional alteration of hybridization data which was used to support the theory that humans are more closely related to chimpanzees.
The theory of embryonic recapitulation asserts that the human fetus goes through various stages of its evolutionary history as it develops. Ernst Haeckel proposed this theory in the late 1860s, promoting Darwins theory of evolution in Germany. He made detailed drawings of the embryonic development of eight different embryos in three stages of development, to bolster his claim. His work was hailed as a great development in the understanding of human evolution. A few years later his drawings were shown to have been fabricated, and the data manufactured. He blamed the artist for the discrepancies, without admitting that he was the artist. (source: Russell Grigg, "Fraud Rediscovered", Creation, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp.49-51)
Haeckel Forgeries Creationary Links
- Another Evolution Fraud Exposed
- Evolution Fraud in Current Biology Textbooks Haeckels Ontongeny
- Haeckel's distortions did not help Darwin by Stephen Jay Gould
- Haeckel's Fake Drawings - Pictures
- Please Urge Publishers to Fix Textbooks by Texans for Better Science Education
Fake Dinosaur-bird ancestor
The most recent and perhaps the most infamous evolution frauds was committed in China and published in 1999 in the journal National Geographic 196:98-107, November 1999. Dinosaur bones were put together with the bones of a newer species of bird and they tried to pass it off as a very important new evolutionary intermediate.
"Feathers For T-Rex?", Christopher P. Sloan, National Geographic Magazine, Vol. 196, No. 5, November, 1999, pp.99,100,105
Interesting Quote - "National Geographic has reached an all-time low for engaging in sensationalistic, unsubstantiated, tabloid journalism" Storrs L. Olson, Smithsonian Institution
Archaeoraptor Liaoningensis Creationary Links
- Adventist Scientist Comments on Retraction of Evolutionary "Missing Link" Claim
- And now: Feathered Dinosaur Link
- Another Evolution Fraud By Tim Friend, USA TODAY
- Another Fossil Flub
- Another Hoax by Owen D. Olbricht
- Another Missing Link Takes Flight
- Another "OOOPS" For Science
- Archaeoraptor Flight Aborted by John Morris
- Archaeopteryx, Archaeoraptor, and the "Dinosaurs-To-Birds" Theory ...
- Archaeoraptor: Feathered Dinosaur from National Geographic Doesnt Fly ... IMPACT No. 321 by Steven A. Austin, Ph.D
- Archaeoraptor Hoax Update National Geographic Recants!
- Archaeoraptor: National Geographic's Biggest Embarassment by Craig McClarren
- Archaeoraptor: Phony feathered fossil by Jonathan Sarfati
- Archaeoraptor: Some interesting points about this particular hoax
- Crying Fowl: Tale of 'Missing Link' Embarrasses Scientists
- 'Dragon' fossils seized
- EVOLUTION COVER-UP
- Evolution Hoax The Archaeoraptor Fraud
- Evolution: The Fraud That Shapes The Worldview of Our Kids By Bob Harsh and Chuck Colson. Origins Insights March 2000 Newsletter by the Creation Science Fellowship
- "Feathered Dinosaur" Claim Apparently a Fake
- National Geographic backs down sort of! By Carl Wieland
- National Geographic Gets a Black Eye
- National Geographic Eats Crow
- National Geographic retracts boast of dinosaur-to-bird 'missing link'
- Smithsonian criticizes National Geographics Dino-to-Bird Claims revealing the lack of consensus on the matter among scientists, despite National Geographics sensationalistic propagandizing.
- Smithsonian critiques National Geographic in open letter archaeoraptor
- The Missing Link That Wasnt ... National Geographics Bird Dinosaur Flew Again the Facts by Nancy Pearcey,. Access Research Network
- The Archaeoraptor Fraud by Charles Colson
- The Archaeoraptor Fraud: National Geographic
- The Latest Fraud!
- The Missing Link that Wasn't: National Geographic's 'Bird Dinosaur' Flew Against the Facts
- The Piltdown Chicken
- Well, Folks It Happened Again!
News Articles Published on The Archaeoraptor Liaoningensis Discovery
- Second Piece of Fossil Forgery Identified Scientific American 11/21/02
- Comparing Modern Birds with The Missing Link Fossils
- FEATHERED CREATURES FROM CHINA BOOST DINOSAUR-BIRD CONNECTION
- Flying dinosaur was mean, graceless: Fiercesome bird may have been first flying feathered animal to evolve
- Fossils from China Link Birds With Dinosaurs
- MISSING LINK BETWEEN DINOSAURS AND BIRDS FOUND IN CHINA: Dino Land Has the Full Story of Dinosaur-Bird Evolution and the Latest Exciting Development!
- 'Missing Link' Dino Actually Two Animals ABCNEWS.com
- New Birdlike Dinosaurs from China Are True Missing Links
- NEW BIRDLIKE DINOSAURS ON VIEW: COULD T. REX HAVE HAD FEATHERS / T. Rex mit Federn
- Researchers find fossils of primitive flying dinosaur
- Think of it as a 120 million-year-old turkey: Archaeoraptor liaoningensis may be missing link between ground-based dinosaurs and birds
Miscellaneous Fakes and Frauds
Brontosaurus: One of the best known dinosaurs in books and museums for the past hundred years, brontosaurus never really existed. The dinosaurs skeleton was found with the head missing. To complete it, a skull found three or four miles away was added. No one knew this for years. The body actually belonged to a species of Diplodocus and the head was from an Apatosaurus. (source: Paul S. Taylor, The Great Dinosaur Mystery and the Bible, [Chariot Victor Publishing, 1989], pp.12-13)
General Evolution Fraud Links
- 10 Notorious Darwinist Fabrications
- Anatomy of a Hoax by Sean Meek
- Dinosaur webcam pictures -- fake, hoax photos and pics
- Evolution Fraud in School Scienfic Textbooks
- Evolution fraud in current biology textbooks Worldnet Magazine 2001 Exposed as fakes decades ago, major publishers still include them
- Evolution Forgeries from the Muslim online book Evolution Deceit
- Gaps in the Textbooks' Coverage of the Fossil Record by Texans for Better Science Education
- Forensic geochemistry solves fossil riddles ..Geological Society News - New forensic tools developed to spot fossil fakes.
- Scientists behaving badly - Journal editors reveal researchers' wicked ways Nature 3/4/2004
- Survival of The Fakest Part I or Survival of The Fakest Part II by Jonathan Wells (PDF download)
- Textbook Fraud: Inherit The Wind is intellectual pornography!: Full of Lies, deception and very anti-Christian.
- Textbook Fraud: The Horse Series; Hyracotherium "dawn horse" eohippus, mesohippus, ...
- Text book Fraud! Video -& Documentation by Don Patton
- THE CASE OF ARCHAEOPTERYX The evidence strongly indicates it is a fake
- The Rise of the Evolution Fraud Review of book by Malcolm Bowden