The NW Creation Network organizes a monthly educational program to address the conflicts that exist between naturalism and the Biblical worldview. This area of apologetics is an important part of discipleship in preparing the Church to answer the questions that may impede or lead to a loss of faith. Join us at Cedar Park Church for these live seminars that will defend the Bible and confront the philosophical and scientific aspects of atheism and evolution.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. 1Peter 3:15
- Presentations by speakers, scientists, and authors who defend the Biblical worldview.
- Webcast is provided for those unable to attend in
- Thursday at 7pm PDT, 8 MDT, 9 CDT, 10 EDT, and Friday 2am GMT
- Books and Videos for purchase in a wide variety of apologetics subjects and reader levels.
- Free to Attend open to the public and suitable for ages 11 and up.
- WA Teacher Clock Hours may be obtained for attending (3 hour / 2 programs).
- Refreshments are available. Bring your favorites to share.
Please help us spread the news of these important educational programs by publicizing this information to regional Churches, Christian schools, homeschool groups, pastors, teachers, youth leaders, and others concerned about the defense of faith in an environment of competing worldviews.
What is Apologetics?
Apologetics is derived from the Greek word απολογία (apología) meaning "defense" or "answer." Apologists take on the particular task of defending a particular idea or belief system and answering its critics. The origin of the concept of apologetics lies in the beginnings of Christianity. Between the second and fourth centuries, a number of Christian teachers wrote defenses of Christianity against pagan critics. Since the development of the theory of evolution in the 19th century, creation science has become an extremely important Biblical apologetic.
For those who hold to the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, Biblical apologetics is an important branch of theology involved with the defense of the history and teachings given within. Loss of faith is often associated with challenges to the historical content of the Bible by atheistic scientists and philosophers, and one goal of apologetics is to provide answers to these questions.
I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? John 3:12
2014 (3rd Thursdays, except Christmas and Easter)
- August 21st @ 7PM Programming of Life by Dr. Don Johnson
- September 18th @ 7PM Biblical Worldview As It Relates to Science by Dr. Robert Carter (from Creation Ministries International)
- October 16th @ 7PM Dinosaurs: Monsters of the Anient World by Bruce Barton
- November @ 7PM (facility availability undetermined)
- December @ 7PM (facility availability undetermined)
2015 (3rd Thursdays, except Christmas)
- January 15th @ 7PM
- February 19th @ 7PM Wonders of the Cell by Chris Ashcraft
- March 19th @ 7PM
- April 16th @ 7PM Do Dinosaurs and Fossils Support Evolutionary Theory by Brian Thomas (from the Institute for Creation Research)
- May 21st @ 7PM
- June 18th @ 7PM
- July 16th @ 7PM
- August 20th @ 7PM
- September 17th @ 7PM
- October 15th @ 7PM
- November 19th @ 7PM
- December 10th @ 7PM (2nd Thursday?)
- March 20th @ 7PM Defeating Atheism with Science by Spike Psarris
- April 10th @ 7PM Fossils: History in Contention by Chris Ashcraft
- May 15th @ 7PM The Biblical Basis for Apologetics by Phil Fernandes
- June 19th @ 7PM Apologetics 101: Answering the Challenges by Mike Riddle
July 17th @ 7PM
Earth's Surface Shaped by
Receding Flood Water by Michael Oard
- Watch Video