Wednesday May 4th 6:30 – 8pm
Physics Disproves Atheistic Cosmologies
by Spike Psarris
Cedar Park Church - Main Sanctuary
Join us the 1st Wednesday for educational programs addressing the conflicts that exist between naturalism and the Biblical worldview. Features a different speaker each month and is available through live webcast.
- Multimedia seminar followed by Q&A
- Dinner at 6pm - (for donation) in the gynmasium down the hall from the sanctuary.
- Childcare and kids programs - available for all age groups.
- Live Webcast provided for those unable to attend in person (Wed 6:30pm Pacific)
- Books and Videos for purchase in a variety of apologetics subjects and levels.
- Coffee and Snacks are available - bring your favorite snack to share.
- Free to Attend open to all Bible-believers and suitable for ages 11 and up.
- WA Teacher Clock Hours may be obtained for attending 2 programs (3 hours).
The Apologetics Symposium is now part of a regular Wednesday evening program. Join us for additional teachings during the month by Pastor Joe Fuiten and Chris Ashcraft.
- 1st Wed Special Guest Speakers - Apologetics Symposium
- 2nd Wed Chris Ashcraft - Apologetics
- 3rd Wed Pastory Joe Fuiten - Bible People and Places
- 4th Wed Pastory Joe Fuiten - Bible People and Places
- 5th Wed (when it occurs) Chris Ashcraft - Apologetics
What is Apologetics?
Apologetics is an important part of discipleship in preparing the Church to provide answers to the challenges that may impede or lead to a loss of faith. 1Peter 3:15
Apologetics is derived from the Greek word απολογία (apología) meaning "defense" or "answer." Apologists take on the particular task of defending a particular idea or belief system and answering its critics. The origin of the concept of apologetics lies in the beginnings of Christianity. Between the second and fourth centuries, a number of Christian teachers wrote defenses of Christianity against pagan critics. Since the development of the theory of evolution in the 19th century, creation science has become an extremely important Biblical apologetic.
For those who hold to the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, Biblical apologetics is an important branch of theology involved with the defense of the history and teachings given within. Loss of faith is often associated with challenges to the historical content of the Bible by atheistic scientists and philosophers, and one goal of apologetics is to provide answers to these questions. Read more at the Creation Wiki...
I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? John 3:12
2016 Upcoming Programs (1st Wednesday of each month)
- May 4th 6:30 – 8pm Physics Disproves Atheistic Cosmologies by Spike Psarris
- May 11th 6:30 – 8pm Dinosaurs and the Bible by Chris Ashcraft
- June 1st 6:30 – 8pm Refuting Textbook Arguments for Evolution by Dr. Thomas Kindell
- June 8th 6:30 – 8pm Apologetics with Chris Ashcraft
- July 6th 6:30 – 8pm TBD by Paul Taylor
- July 13th 6:30 – 8pm Apologetics with Chris Ashcraft
- August 3rd 6:30 – 8pm Answering Recent Attacks on the Jesus of the Bible by Dr. Phil Fernandes.
- August 10th 6:30 – 8pm Apologetics with Chris Ashcraft
- September 7th 6:30 – 8pm Apologetics Symposium
- September 13th 6:30 – 8pm Apologetics with Chris Ashcraft
- October 5th 6:30 – 8pm
- October 14-15 Seattle Creation Conference
- November 2nd 6:30 – 8pm
- December 7th – (Facility unavailable)
- December 14th Apologetics Symposium
Videos of Past Programs
Dr. Larry Vardiman - March 16, 2016
- March 20th, 2014 Defeating Atheism with Science by Spike Psarris
- April 10th, 2014 Fossils: History in Contention by Chris Ashcraft
- May 15th, 2014 The Biblical Basis for Apologetics by Phil Fernandes
- June 19th, 2014 Apologetics 101: Answering the Challenges by Mike Riddle
- July 17th, 2014 Earth's Surface Shaped by Receding Flood Water by Michael Oard
- August 21st, 2014 Programming of Life by Dr. Don Johnson
- September 18th, 2014 Biblical Worldview As It Relates to Science by Dr. Robert Carter
- October 16th, 2014 Dinosaurs: Monsters of the Ancient World by Bruce Barton
- December 18th, 2014 Climate Modeling of the Post Flood Ice Age by Dr. Larry Vardiman
- January 15th, 2015 Truth, Lies and Science Education by Paul Taylor
- February 19th, 2015 Evolution's Four Fatal Flaws by Dr. Heinz Lycklama
- March 19th, 2015 Planet of the Apes? by Chris Ashcraft
- April 16th, 2015 What You Haven't Been Told About Dinosaurs by Brian Thomas
- May 21st, 2015 Our Created Universe by Spike Psarris
- July 16th 2015 Battle for the Bible by Dr. Phil Fernandes
- August 20th 2015 Life and Its Origin by Dr. Don Johnson
- October 15th 2015 Egyptian Chronology and the Bible by Patrick Nurre
- November 19th 2015 A Closer Look at Noah's Ark! by Tom Hoyle
- January 6th 2016 Amazing Animal Designs: God's Technological Marvels by Chris Ashcraft
- February 3rd 2016 The Floods Came Up and the Rains Came Down by Dr. Larry Vardiman
- March 2nd 2016 Our Privileged Planet by Dr. Heinz Lycklama
- March 9th 2016 Genesis: Fables or Foundation Of Our Faith? by Chris Ashcraft
Please help us spread the news of these important educational programs by forwarding this information to regional Churches, Christian schools, homeschool groups, pastors, teachers, youth leaders, and others concerned about the defense of faith in an environment of competing worldviews.