Join us the 3rd Thursday each month for an educational program at Cedar Park Church which will address the conflicts that exist between atheism and the Biblical worldview.
- Educational Seminars and Discussion by educators, scientists, and authors.
- Live Webcast provided for those unable to attend in person (Thurs 7pm Pacific)
- Books and Videos for purchase in a variety of apologetics subjects and levels.
- Refreshments are available - bring your favorite snack to share.
- Free to Attend open to all Bible-believers and suitable for ages 11 and up.
- WA Teacher Clock Hours may be obtained for attending (3 hour / 2 programs).
What is Apologetics?
Apologetics is an important part of discipleship in preparing the Church to provide answers to the challenges that may impede or lead to a loss of faith. 1Peter 3:15
Apologetics is derived from the Greek word απολογία (apología) meaning "defense" or "answer." Apologists take on the particular task of defending a particular idea or belief system and answering its critics. The origin of the concept of apologetics lies in the beginnings of Christianity. Between the second and fourth centuries, a number of Christian teachers wrote defenses of Christianity against pagan critics. Since the development of the theory of evolution in the 19th century, creation science has become an extremely important Biblical apologetic.
For those who hold to the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, Biblical apologetics is an important branch of theology involved with the defense of the history and teachings given within. Loss of faith is often associated with challenges to the historical content of the Bible by atheistic scientists and philosophers, and one goal of apologetics is to provide answers to these questions. Read more at the Creation Wiki...
I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? John 3:12
2015 (3rd Thursday each month)
- June 18th NO SYMPOSIUM
- July 16th @ 7PM Battle for the Bible by Dr. Phil Fernandes
- August 20th @ 7PM Life and It's Origin by Dr. Don Johnson
- September 17th NO SYMPOSIUM (Seattle Creation Conference Sep 25-26)
- October 15th @ 7PM Egyptian Chronology by Patrick Nurre
- November 19th @ 7PM A Closer Look at Noah's Ark! by Tom Hoyle
- December ? @ 7PM (facility availability undetermined)
- January 21st @ 7PM Wonders of the Cell by Chris Ashcraft
Videos of Past Programs
- March 20th, 2014 Defeating Atheism with Science by Spike Psarris
- April 10th, 2014 Fossils: History in Contention by Chris Ashcraft
- May 15th, 2014 The Biblical Basis for Apologetics by Phil Fernandes
- June 19th, 2014 Apologetics 101: Answering the Challenges by Mike Riddle
- July 17th, 2014 Earth's Surface Shaped by Receding Flood Water by Michael Oard
- August 21st, 2014 Programming of Life by Dr. Don Johnson
- September 18th, 2014 Biblical Worldview As It Relates to Science by Dr. Robert Carter
- October 16th, 2014 Dinosaurs: Monsters of the Ancient World by Bruce Barton
- December 18th, 2014 Climate Modeling of the Post Flood Ice Age by Dr. Larry Vardiman
- January 15th, 2015 Truth, Lies and Science Education by Paul Taylor
- February 19th, 2015 Evolution's Four Fatal Flaws by Dr. Heinz Lycklama
- March 19th, 2015 Planet of the Apes? by Chris Ashcraft
- April 16th, 2015 What You Haven't Been Told About Dinosaurs by Brian Thomas
- May 21st, 2015 Our Created Universe by Spike Psarris
Please help us spread the news of these important educational programs by forwarding this information to regional Churches, Christian schools, homeschool groups, pastors, teachers, youth leaders, and others concerned about the defense of faith in an environment of competing worldviews.